This summer, we’re looking for Wave FM’s Most Wanted. Track him down in Dundee and Perth to win a share of £5000! But first, you have to ask that all important question: “Are you Wave FM’s Most Wanted?”
On Monday the 8th of July, Lynne Hoggan and McCully on Fresh Breakfast received a mysterious note…
The hunt is on!
We’re looking for the most wanted man in Dundee and Perth, and there’s a price on his head.
Listen out for the clues on Wave FM and in The Evening Telegraph, and track down Wave FM’s Most Wanted to win a share of £5000.
But you won’t win any money at all unless you ask him the phrase: “Are You Wave FM’s Most Wanted?”. If you don’t ask… you can’t win!
Make sure you’re tuned into Wave FM, because starting from Monday 15th of July, we’ll be giving away clues on air on where Wave FM’s Most Wanted can be found! Plus, you’ll want to pick up a copy of The Evening Telegraph for extra clues, and for a chance to double your money!
Tune into Wave FM… read the Evening Telegraph… and put the clues together to track down the most wanted man in Dundee and Perth! If you’re the first to find him, you’ll win a share of £5,000!
And if you’re carrying a copy of the Tele when you find him… he’ll give you double the cash price on his head. (He won’t be happy about it, but that doesn’t matter!)
He’s smart, he’s cunning, and he doesn’t want to give you his money. Let’s wipe the smile off his face! Tune into Wave FM and pick up a copy of the Evening Telegraph from Monday the 15th of July, and win the cash price on his head!
But remember! You have to ask him this exact phrase: “Are You Wave FM’s Most Wanted?”.
Terms and Conditions
1) Eligibility and Limitations:
– Entrants must be 18 years old or older to enter and play.
– Contest is open to residents of DD, PH and KY postcodes only who hold a valid article of identification/proof of address for within stated postcode areas.
– Contest will begin Monday, July 15th 2019
– There will be a minimum of one “in play Bounty period” for a maximum of two hours per day (Monday – Friday 6am-10pm) or until the contest is won during that Bounty period.
– Contest will begin on Monday, July 15th 2019 at some point during that day and the Bounty period will last two hours or until “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” is caught. One or more clues will be given out at the beginning of the Bounty period. Once these clues are announced they may be repeated during the Bounty period.
– Clues for “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” will be given out on the air during the two hour “in play Bounty period” and may be repeated in part or full during this period. Extra picture or text clues will be given out in the Evening Telegraph during this promotion and additional clues may also appear on social media
– Purchase of the Evening Telegraph is not necessary to take part in this competition.
– The contest cannot be won outside of the designated operation hours.
– If “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” is not caught by the end of competition Bounty period, his location will be revealed on air and may be revealed on social media, associated websites and the Evening Telegraph.
– The person who catches “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” during the Bounty period will win £100 (via cash) and we will double the Bounty prize to £200 (via cash) if the person presents a recent copy of the Evening Telegraph (no older than 2 publishing days)
– Listeners will be encouraged to search for “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” in the DD, PH and KY postcodes only. “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” will not be carrying any cash prize.
– The winners’ cash prize will be provided the same day they catch “Wave FMs Most Wanted”. Winners must sign receipt to confirm they have received their prize money.
– In order for a contestant to win, they must discern the location or identity of “Wave FM’s Most Wanted”, and then approach this individual, and say, (verbatim), “Are you Wave FM’s Most Wanted?” If it IS “Wave FM’s Most Wanted”, the [winning] contestant will be given a winner’s letter.
– YOU MUST ASK THE SUSPECT EXACTLY; “ARE YOU WAVE FM’S MOST WANTED?” A SHOUTED GUESS AT A GROUP OF PEOPLE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
– WE WILL NOT ACCEPT GUESSES SHOUTED FROM CARS OR OTHER MODES OF TRANSPORT.
– The question has to be asked directly, in person, and in close physical proximity, to the person the entrant believes to be “Wave FM’s Most Wanted”. If that person is “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” and has been asked the correct question listed above during a Bounty period and they answer “yes” then that contestant will, subject to complying with these Terms & Conditions in full, win the Bounty!
– To receive the prize, the winner will be required to disclose their full name, address and contact details to the presenter after appearing on air and a DC Thomson member of staff on the scene. These details will not be broadcast.
– We will comply with all our statutory obligations regarding the processing of personal data and your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than this competition.
– In the event that more than one person approaches and correctly questions, “Wave FM’s Most Wanted”, the winner of the Bounty will be the person who asks first. If more than one person correctly asks at the same time, the Bounty will be divided equally between these people. All decisions as to which person has correctly questioned “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” first or which persons have correctly questioned “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” at the same time will be at the absolute discretion of “Wave FM’s” and no correspondence or discussions will be entertained. “Wave FM’s” decision is final.
– Only one winner or qualifier per family or household will be allowed in a 30-day period.
2) Common sense/safety reminders
– DO NOT FOLLOW A PERSON WHO ANSWERS “YES” TO YOU OR STATES THEY ARE WAVE FM’S MOST WANTED CHARACTER TO ANY LOCATION. ALWAYS STAY IN PUBLIC.
– WAVE FM’S MOST WANTED WILL NEVER BE IN A PARK, SCHOOL OR ANYWHERE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY TO GAIN ENTRY.
– [No destruction of private or public property is necessary to find “Wave FM’s Most Wanted”. No risk-taking is required to locate “Wave FM’s Most Wanted”]
– “’Wave FM’s Most Wanted’ will be easy to access and/or approach. Any one participant found searching on private land, or using private land to access or gain unfair advantage to “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” will be immediately disqualified. Anyone participating in the contest must follow the rules of the contest, as well as the rules and regulations of the locations where they may seek out “Wave FM’s Most Wanted”.
– DC Thomson may at any time during the promotion and at its absolute discretion, terminate or suspend the competition.
– No destruction of private or public property is necessary to find “Wave FM’s Most Wanted”. No risk-taking is required to locate “Wave FM’s Most Wanted”
– No person who approaches and/or questions “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” will receive an answer if: They have asked outside of a Bounty Period, if “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” is travelling in private transport, “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” s in a private residence or place of accommodation. If they do not ask, ““Are you Wave FM’s Most Wanted?” that person is ineligible to enter.
– Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified.
– Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited.
– DC Thomson will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest.
– All participants will be considered contestants of the “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” and will hold DC Thomson free from liability of any kind to person or property arising from participation in “Wave FM’s Most Wanted” promotional contest.
– By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant DC Thomson exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.