A Dundee wrestling promotions company has shut down suddenly — a month before a major show at the Ice Arena.
But on Tuesday night 5 Star Wrestling, the company which promoted the show, announced it was ceasing operations with immediate effect.
The Dundee businessman behind the event has now apologised to fans.
The news was announced two days before 5 Star Wrestling was due to run a show at the Manchester Arena.
The promotions company was founded by Dan Hinkles from city games firm Serious Parody.
The decision to close the firm was taken by Jason Noble, the man in charge of Pro Wrestling UK Ltd, the parent company of 5 Star Wrestling.
More than 2,300 wrestling fans flocked to the inaugural 5 Star Wrestling event at the Ice Arena in January last year, which was broadcast live on Spike TV.
In a statement on Twitter, Mr Hinkles said: “It is with great sadness that we announce that there will be no more 5 Star Wrestling events.
“Fans need to contact their point of purchase for refunds.
“Pro Wrestling UK Ltd, the company running the events, has been shut down. We’re sorry to all involved.”
5 Star Wrestling cancelled a planned UK tour last year citing “safety concerns” following the Manchester terrorist attack.
Among the stars to appear for the company were American-based John Morrison, Carlito and Ayrshire favourite Grado. A deal was signed with FreeSports TV for rescheduled dates this year but only five shows were completed.
The company made an ambitious $1 million offer last year to former WWE champion CM Punk to appear on one of its shows but nothing ever came of the move.
Wrestlers and fans took to social media to voice their disappointment.
Ross Watson, who wrestles under the name Kid Fite, said: “It’s a shame the company has folded. I think a lot of us are disappointed.
“From what I have seen online, refunds are being issued.”