A woman was treated for a head injury after she fell from the window of a Dundee flat while smoking a cigarette.
Emergency services were called to the incident at South Road near Craigard Road in Charleston, at around 4.45pm on Wednesday.
Witnesses saw the woman, who is in her thirties, smoking prior to the incident.
She was taken to Ninewells Hospital for treatment to a head injury.
Police described it as an “unfortunate accident”.
Residents reported seeing at least three police vehicles and an ambulance with blue flashing lights outside the block of flats.
One woman who lives nearby said the ambulance crew had spent some time treating the woman.
She said: “It happened just after my son came home from school — he was really upset when he came in, as the woman was lying in the front garden.
“He had never seen anything like that before — he was concerned if the lady was going to be all right.”
Another witness said he saw blue lights while he was on a bus travelling in South Road.
He said: “I thought it might have been a car accident initially, but when we got closer, I could see a police van and a couple of other vehicles parked up outside the flats with their lights flashing.
“An officer seemed to be looking around the area, but it was hard to see what was happening in the dark.
“It looked as though the police vehicles had just arrived at the scene moments before — it was certainly a dramatic sight.”
A Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We received a call at 4.38pm to attend an incident on South Road.
“We dispatched one ambulance and an urgent tier vehicle to the scene. One female patient in her thirties was transported to Ninewells Hospital.”
A spokesman for Police Scotland said the woman’s injuries were not serious, adding: “Police, along with the Scottish Ambulance Service, attended at an address in South Road, shortly before 5pm on Tuesday in response to reports of a woman having fallen from a first-floor window.
“She was taken to Ninewells Hospital for treatment to a head injury.”