Dog owners have been warned about lumps of solid palm oil which have washed up on Fife beaches.
Palm oil, commonly found in food, soap and shampoo, is harmless to humans but can kill dogs if ingested.
Nuggets of the waste, which are white and chalky and can smell like diesel, have been spotted on beaches including the West Sands in St Andrews.
Urging owners to be aware, Fife Coast and Countryside Trust said the oil is often used for cleaning tanks and can contain fuel residue.
A spokesman said: “If eaten, this substance can cause dogs harm.
“Please be vigilant and take care to avoid your dog eating this marine waste.”