Warning for pet owners after dogs snaffle ‘toxic’ mince pies

Barnaby Dunning with dogs Rosie and Rowan

Two Labradors were rushed to a vet after a plate of mince pies was scoffed.

Barnaby and Barbara Dunning returned from Christmas shopping to find an empty plate on the kitchen floor.

Unable to determine whether six-year-old Rosie or six-month-old puppy Rowan was the culprit, and knowing that raisins are potentially toxic for dogs, Barbara took them to Tay Valley Vets in Perth.

They were given an injection to make them sick and it was revealed Rowan had snaffled all 10 of the festive treats.

Rozie Hay, of Tay Valley Vets, said: “Raisins can be toxic to some dogs and can lead to fatal kidney damage.”

Comments

Breaking

    Cancel