The Hilltown Indoor Market lies in ruin this morning following the third major blaze in Dundee in as many days.
Firefighters remained on the scene on Thursday morning to dampen down smouldering hot spots in the Main Street premises.
The blaze roared for hours after it was initially reported around 6.15pm on Wednesday evening.
It not yet clear how the fire started but the flames soon spread through the building and into the neighbouring Fit4Less gym.
Witnesses reported seeing walls collapsing and Police Scotland confirmed it was heavily damaged, while more than 60 firefighters were working to tackle the flames.
A total of 12 fire appliances attended, as well as a command support unit and an incident support unit.
The neighbouring Fit4Less gym was evacuated, although a Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) spokeswoman said there have been no reports of injuries.
Police Scotland closed surrounding roads including Thistle Street, Main Street, Dens Road and Isla Street however the cordon has since been scaled back.
A spokesman added the building had “more or less collapsed”.