Dundee United will continue their push for the Premiership – albeit via Plan B – on Tuesday May 1, it has been confirmed.
With just a game to go of the regular season, the Terrors are guaranteed a play-off spot thanks to Dunfermline’s last gasp equaliser against Inverness.
However, whether they finish 3rd or 4th has yet to be decided.
They do know that they will be playing their quarter-final first leg in one week’s time, with the second leg just three dates later.
The governing body has released details regarding the crunch clashes – with all semi-final and final games being shown live on BT Sport.
The dates are as follows:
- Quarter-final Leg 1: Fourth v Third – Tuesday May 1, 7.45pm.
- Leg 2: Third v Fourth – Friday May 4, 7.45pm.
The semi-final ties will be played as follows:
- Leg 1: QF Winner v Livingston – Monday May 7, 7.45pm – Live on BT Sport.
- Leg 2: Livingston v QF Winner – Friday May 11, 7.45pm – Live on BT Sport.
The final ties will be played as follows:
- Leg 1: SF Winner v Premiership 11th-placed side – Thursday May 17, 7.45pm – Live on BT Sport.
- Leg 2: Premiership 11th-placed side v SF Winner – Sunday May 20, 3.30pm – Live on BT Sport.
United are in discussions with Dunfermline and their other possible quarter-final opponents, Inverness Caley Thistle, regarding admission prices and dates for ticket sales.
The club said: “The likelihood is that tickets for both legs of the quarter-final will go on sale to season ticket holders(17/18 and 18/19 seasons) directly after Saturday’s home match versus Livingston and remain exclusively on sale to season ticket holders during Sunday. Monday 30 April will then see tickets for both legs be made available to the general public.
“As soon as we have more information regarding ticket prices, we will update this information.”