A resident had to be rescued from their flat and given oxygen after fire broke out in a multi-storey block in Dundee.
Four fire crews were called to Lansdowne Court in Dryburgh at 1.59am on Monday.
One person was recovered from inside the flat, understood to be on the second floor of the block, by attending firefighters.
The individual was given oxygen at the scene to treat symptoms of smoke inhalation.
Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera, before using a CO2 extinguisher to put out the flames by starving them of air.
Locals told of seeing “lots of fire engines” at the scene in the early hours.
Lansdowne Court resident Alan O’Neill, 45, told the Tele: “I heard some sort of alarm and thought it was my alarm clock or something.
“I thought it was going off a bit early – then realised it was the fire alarm.
“The noise was coming through one of the walls so it would have been one of the flats next door to me.
“I saw about three or four fire engines outside from my window. Nobody came to my door or anything so it must not have been too serious.
“I think someone must have put something on the cooker and fallen asleep or something like that – I’m just glad it was minor.”
Another resident, who did not give her name, added: “I just saw lots of fire engines from outside the window but I didn’t hear any alarms.
“I just went back to my bed.”
A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman confirmed firefighters had attended at the block today.
She said: “We received a call at 1.59am to attend at a fire in Lansdowne Court.
“One person was recovered from a flat by the fire service and given oxygen therapy.
“We were stood down at 3.08am.”