Questions have arisen over the future of a major Tayside music event after its producers announced they would no longer be involved after this year.
A statement by Glamis Prom Ltd stated the final curtain is falling on the event, with this weekend’s billed as “a glorious finale”.
Both the Glamis Prom website and Facebook page stated the event on Saturday would be the last.
However, Strathmore Estates factor Willy Inglis said he believed the statement by the production company was “misleading” and “slightly disingenuous”, although he stopped short of guaranteeing the event’s return next year.
He said: “It’s misleading to say that this is the end for Glamis Prom.
“It’s the final one for Glamis Prom Ltd, but not the end of the road for spectacular events at Glamis Castle.
“Glamis Castle is reviewing what’s on offer and we hope to do something different next year.
“Ultimately, what we choose to do in the grounds is our decision. We’re looking at our options as to what would be most appropriate.
“We will continue to have events and I’d anticipate the prom, or something similar to the prom, will continue, I’d hope, next year.
“It seems disingenuous to release a story on social media outwith our control when, in fact, we control what goes on at Glamis Castle.”
Mr Inglis said that while the prom had traditionally featured “high standards of classical music”, recently it had been hosting “more modern or dynamic performances”.
He added: “Looking to the future, we will review the kind of performances that best suit the occasion.”