Mum’s shock after yobs slash tyres of car parked outside Dundee home

Noreen McVicar’s Vauxhall Astra, which had two of its tyres slashed.

A Dundee mum has blasted crooks who deliberately slashed two of her car’s tyres — leaving her unable to take her disabled daughter to the doctor.

Noreen McVicar was shocked to wake up to find both of her Vauxhall Astra’s back tyres had been slashed while it was parked outside her home between late last Sunday night and the early hours of Monday at Pinewood Gardens, in the Beachwood area.

The 47-year-old mum-of-four said that she had “no idea” who had targeted her car or why they had done so.

Noreen McVicar’s Vauxhall Astra, which had two of its tyres slashed.

She also revealed that the car was used to transport her disabled daughter and her grandchildren and is now off the road due to the damage.

Noreen said: “I am a single mum-of-four and I have to take my daughter to regular appointments with the doctor and she can’t walk very far.

“I’m more hurt than anything and it has made me feel vulnerable, as I’m on my own with my kids.

“To think someone had a knife in my garden is scary.

“Imagine if I had approached or caught them — would I have been injured?

“My wee girl is now scared to go near my car.

“I, too, suffer from illness and both me and my daughter rely on that car.”

Noreen said that she will have to pay for the damage from out of her own pocket — or risk her insurance premiums going up were she to claim on her policy.

“This act is making me have to save money that I don’t really have, as new tyres will have to be bought,” she added,

A Police Scotland spokesman called on local residents to come forward if they had information that could assist officers looking into the incident.

He said: “Police Scotland can confirm it is investigating a vandalism that happened between 11.30pm on Sunday and 6.30am on Monday in Pinewood Gardens.

“A car parked in a driveway had both its rear tyres deliberately punctured.

If anyone has any information that could assist our investigation, please call 101, or speak with any officer.”