A local beach has been named the best in the UK.
West Sands in St Andrews has been crowned the best beach in the country, following a survey by finance website Satsuma.co.uk.
Famous for the opening scenes of the film Chariots of Fire, West Sands extends for almost two miles of uninterrupted sands backed with dunes and the world-renowned golf course.
Following up in third place for the UK’s top beaches is Luskentyre on the Isle of Harris.
The complete list is as follows:
1. West Sands , St Andrews
2. Holkham, Norfolk
3. Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, Scotland
4. Rhossili Bay, Rhossili, Wales
5. Southend, Essex
6. St Brelade’s Bay Beach, St Brelade, Jersey
7. Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
8. Three Cliffs Bay, Swansea, Wales
9. Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
10. Bournemouth Beach, Bournemouth, Dorset