Do you have an interest in people and their stories, along with the ability to tell them to an online audience?
Do you want to be part of a brand new website that has the potential to change the rules in an extremely crowded digital content marketplace?
If the answers to the above questions are yes, then you might be just who we are looking for.
We are seeking a friendly, enthusiastic and likeable online editor to lead Dundee People – an upbeat, friendly and community-focused website that will pay little respect to the usual conventions of news. Initially www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk will be the home of Dundee People.
The online editor will be inquisitive and gifted in the art of getting ordinary people to wax lyrical about the magic of living extraordinarily ordinary lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a background in journalism and a solid understanding of the conventions and potential of digital publishing.
Initially we are looking to fill a 3-month full time contract.
- Have creative and journalistic writing skills
- Be passionate and able to get the best from people
- Be able to write about multiple topics of interest
- Tag content appropriately
- Write and embed relevant links
- Use SEO effectively, understand how to write for search engines and social media
- Market content using PPC and social channels and groups
Key is to:
- Have WordPress experience
- Write in a highly SEO friendly copy – someone who understands headlines, sentence descriptions, importance of first para for Google indexing
- Find groups that are of interest on social channels – finding conversations in other places and getting involved in them
- Understand key word tools and PPC/Google AdWords
- Understand lifestyle and features content
- Be able to forge partnerships and collaborations and spot commercial opportunities
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, temporary for 3 months position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Gym, Childcare Vouchers, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 21st January ’18.