The Dundee Evening Telegraph is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic digital journalist to bring energy and drive to our rapidly growing digital brands.
You will be expected to work with the Digital Editor to ensure our website is engaging, relevant and first to the punch with breaking stories.
You will be adept at finding and developing the stories our audiences want to read, and be proficient at analytics to assess what works – and doesn’t.
You will also be the driving force behind the video output for www.thetele.co.uk both being out in the field taking videos and working with our team of reporters in all our offices to ensure we have a high quality and high volume of video content.
You will also work with our Digital Editor to champion our web and social media portfolio with the team internally and out and about in our community.
Dundee is an exciting place to be right now with £1 billion being invested in the regeneration of the waterfront area with a new V&A museum as a spectacular centrepiece.
The city also has a buzzing cultural quarter, a busy night-time economy and a thriving computer games industry.
This is an exciting opportunity for genuine self-starters with a real passion for digital products and for finding and driving new content ideas.
- Proven track record as a reporter/writer
- Experience in editing online content including text, images and multimedia
- Knowledge of web content management systems, including WordPress
- Knowledge of analytics tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of publishing laws and IPSO regulations
- Experience in video shooting and advanced editing
- Degree or equivalent in media / communications / English
- Knowledge of news and sport issues in Dundee and surrounding areas
To apply for this role, please click here to follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.