A Fife inn which has lain abandoned for several years has finally been knocked down.
The Pickletillum Inn was razed to the ground to make way for rental flats and a private house.
Originally a drovers’ inn then a coaching inn, the hostelry near Drumoig dated back to 1732.
It was the last stagecoach stop on the route between Edinburgh and Dundee.
However, it closed down several years ago and fell into a dilapidated state.
Planning permission in principle for eight mid-market rental flats was granted in 2015 and a detailed planning application is expected to be submitted by Kingdom Housing Association to Fife Council shortly.