Friends of Magdalen Green has voiced its disappointment after a picnic table was damaged during a barbecue.
A charred table next to the bandstand was discovered by members of the group last week.
It is understood a disposable BBQ caused the damage while visitors revelled in the summer sunshine earlier last week.
Friends of Magdalen Green, formed in 2007 to promote the maintenance and improvement of the area, has since encouraged visitors to stop bringing disposable barbecues on to the site.
West End councillor Fraser Macpherson said he was “disappointed” to hear of the damage.
He added: “I understand it happened very recently. It would appear this has just been a case of people not paying attention.
“It is important to say the vast majority use the area very responsibly. Obviously Friends of Magdalen Green is as disappointed as I am to see the damage.
“I contacted neighbourhood services at the council and, to its credit, staff have already arranged for it to be repaired.”
Craig Thomson, of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, stressed it was important never to leave a barbecue unattended.
He said: “We want people to enjoy the good weather and stay safe at the same time. Take a moment to read our safety advice to help make sure you avoid fire or injury.
“It’s important to never leave a barbecue unattended, with children and pets kept away from the cooking area.
“We would also recommend that you avoid alcohol if you are in charge of a barbecue – it can affect your co-ordination and judgment.
“When you’ve finished cooking remember not to dispose of ashes until they are cold.”
A city council spokeswoman said: “We are aware of the situation and will be taking the appropriate action.”