Firefighters rescued a man from a multi in Dundee early this morning.
Crews were sent to the blaze at Tulloch Court in the Hilltown after the alarm was raised by a neighbour at 1.15am.
Upon their arrival firefighters found the property on the sixth floor ‘well alight’ with the blaze breaking out of the window.
Firefighters in breathing apparatus rescued a man from the flat and gave him oxygen for smoke inhalation and passed into the care of the ambulance service.
They then reassured to other occupants in the above flats due to the smoke in the stairwell.
Station Manager Craig Thomson highlighted the importance of having a working smoke alarms fitted.
He said: “Make sure you have working smoke alarms and consider fitting a heat alarm in your kitchen. Heat alarms are specially designed to quickly detect cooking fires while avoiding false alarms caused by cooking.
“In the event of fire, a smoke or heat alarm will alert you and give you time to react safely and sensibly. It could save your life.”
A free Home Fire Safety Visit is available for anyone who has any concerns about fire safety in their home and can be arranged by calling call 0800 0731 999 or texting “FIRE” to 80800 from your mobile phone.