Firefighters tackled a blaze in Dundee’s Laing Street in the early hours of the morning.
No-one was injured in the fire which broke out in a ground floor flat just after 1am.
Breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera was used during the operation.
A spokeswoman for Scottish Fire and Rescue said they had received a call from a member of the public.
She said that two appliances from Macalpine Road and one from Blackness Road attended.
“Firefighters using four sets of breathing apparatus fought the fire.
“The occupant of the flat managed to get out before the fire brigade arrived.
“No-one else had to be evacuated and no-one was injured.”
She said they were on the scene for just over an hour.
A spokesman for Police Scotland said they attended the fire after being alerted by the fire service.
“No- one required treatment.”
He said it is understood an electrical fault had caused the fire.