Firefighters using breathing apparatus tackled a blaze in a house in Dundee last night.
The fire broke out in the kitchen of a house in Ballindean Road, Douglas at 11.20pm
It is understood the blaze began when cooking was left unattended by the householders, who alerted the emergency services themselves and rushed from the property before the fire brigade arrived.
>> Keep up to date with the latest news with Evening Telegraph newsletter
There were no casualties and damage to the home is believed to be minimal.
A spokeswoman for Scottish Fire and Rescue said: “We received a call to go a fire in a house in Ballindean Road in Dundee at 11.20pm.
“Three appliances attended, two from the Kingsway and one from Macalpine Road.
“Firefighters used breathing apparatus to extinguish the blaze.
“It was confined to the kitchen of the house and no one was injured or required to be evacuated.”
Firefighters left the scene around 11.45pm, the spokeswoman added.
🔵 In these troubled times, when many people are struggling to get out for their paper, we are pledging to help readers by providing a FREE digital edition of the Evening Telegraph for three months. Click below to register ⬇️