Emergency services were called to a Dundee sheltered housing complex after a fire broke out yesterday.
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus to fight the blaze, which started in a bin chute outside Servite House in Finlarig Terrace, Fintry, just before 11am.
A spokeswoman for Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said three appliances had rushed to the scene following a 999 call.
She said: “We received a call just before 11am to say there was a fire in the bin chute.
“Two appliances from Kingsway East and one from Macalpine Road attended.
“Fire officers wearing breathing apparatus and using one jet hose reel managed to put out the fire.
“The building did not require to be evacuated and there were no casualties.
“The fire brigade left the scene at 11.40am.”
Passer-by Jamie King, 45, said he saw the fire engines outside the complex.
He said: “There were fire engines parked in Finlarig Terrace and fire officers were attending to the fire.
“I think I just caught the tail end of it but it didn’t seem to take too long to put the fire out.”
A neighbour who lives close to the complex said: “There were three fire engines and quite lot of firefighters.
“There was quite a strong smell of smoke but there doesn’t appear to have been much damage.”
Servite House is a retirement complex managed by Caledonia Housing Association.
The complex, built in the 1980s, contains 56 units made up of flats and cottages.
Residents tend to be older people who require minimal help with their everyday lives.
A spokesman for Servite House confirmed there were no casualties.
The manager of the complex confirmed that the building had not required to be evacuated but declined to comment further.