Female resident left in shock after hooded man performs sex act outside Dundee flats

Police are hunting a man who performed a solo sex act outside a block of flats in Dundee — leaving a female resident shocked.

Officers are appealing for information following the incident, in which the culprit — who is thought to be aged between 30-40 — exposed himself outside a common close in Baldovan Terrace.

A woman who witnessed the incident, who can’t be named for legal reasons, said it happened just after 3am on Friday as she stepped outside a neighbouring block.

Speaking today, she said: “I came out to use my phone and I saw a fox running past.

“When I looked up I saw this man standing there touching himself.

“I have no idea if he came out of the close or had been walking down the street.

“It was directly across the road from where I was standing. He had a hooded jacket on.

“I wanted to go back into the close but I was concerned he was going to follow me back into the block.

“It was disturbing — I kept looking away and glancing back and he was staring at me.”

The woman said that the man stopped briefly when he heard a noise — but then resumed the act.

She said: “I went back inside the property and contacted the police.

“When I looked back out the window the guy was gone.

“I started to think, what if a young teenager had walked past and seen that?

“Or what if he returns or starts doing it in the local park?

“I’ve heard of flashers before but I was gobsmacked when I saw this taking place — I was genuinely concerned the guy was going to follow me into the close.”

A spokeswoman for Police Scotland confirmed officers are investigating the incident.

She said: “Police Scotland is appealing for information after a man indecently exposed himself outside a common close in Baldovan Terrace on Friday.

“The incident happened at around 3.15am.

“He is described as being aged between 30-40 and was wearing a dark, hooded coat and a dark jeans.

“Anyone with any information that may be useful should contact Police Scotland on 101 quoting CR/23505/17 or speak to any police officer.”