Buses were withdrawn from service for the second night in a row after coming under attack.
Xplore Dundee brought a halt to the 9/10 and 33 services last night due to “dangerous antisocial behaviour” in the Lothian Crescent area. The company had to take the same action the previous evening.
On Monday a group of youths had been seen causing disturbances near new North East Campus. Stones were also thrown at buses and passing traffic.
Posting on its Facebook page last night, Xplore Dundee said: “Services 9/10 and 33 have again been withdrawn from Lothian Crescent due to dangerous antisocial behaviour, which has been reported to the appropriate authorities.”
A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We must again ask parents to ensure they know where their children are and what they are doing, and to impart to them the dangers of this type of reckless behaviour.”
Regarding Monday’s incident, Xplore Dundee hit out at the “senseless danger” caused by people throwing missiles at its buses.
Drivers have frequently encountered trouble from gangs of youths hurling stones in the area.
A statement on the Xplore Dundee Facebook page on Monday said: “We cannot stress enough the sheer senseless danger of hurling missiles at a moving vehicle.
“While we apologise for any inconvenience such diversions may cause, the safety of our passengers, pedestrians and other road users is a core priority.”
A police spokesman said: “Police Scotland received a number of calls on Monday evening regarding a large group of youths on Lothian Crescent causing disturbances, climbing on construction equipment and attempting to vandalise items in and around the immediate area of the new school.
“There were also reports of stones being thrown at buses and passing traffic.
“It goes without saying that this type of behaviour is completely unacceptable.
“We must again ask parents to ensure they know where their children are and what they are doing, and to impart to them the dangers of this type of reckless behaviour.”
North East councillor Brian Gordon said he was dismayed to hear about the latest attacks on drivers.
He said: “I am not aware of it being a problem for some time. As far as I was aware it had calmed down.
“However, if youths are doing it again then they don’t understand the risk to passengers and drivers.
“The drivers have got a hard enough job trying to concentrate on the road without this happening. It’s sad they see this as fun.
“I hope the police will step up their patrols in that area to make sure it doesn’t become a problem again.”