The Duke of York’s accuser Virginia Giuffre has insisted she is not suicidal, following her revelation a “credible” death threat had been made against her.
Ms Giuffre claims she was trafficked by the since-disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein and forced to have sex with the duke in 2001.
She responded to a tweet which said: “FBI will kill her to protect the ultra-rich and well connected.”
The 35-year-old wrote: “I am making it publicly known that in no way, shape or form am I suicidal. I have made this known to my therapist and doctor.
“If something happens to me – for the sake of my family do not let this go away and help me to protect them. Too many evil people want to see me quieted.”
Andrew categorically denies he had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Ms Giuffre.
Several hours after her initial tweet, in the early hours of Thursday morning UK time, Ms Giuffre added she had been told by police there had been a “credible” death threat made against her.
“In response to the overwhelming amount of support I have received,” she tweeted, “I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who is standing up beside me… I have been informed from the F.B.I. there has been a credible death threat against me.”
Ms Giuffre tweets under the handle of VRS Virginia in reference to Victims Refuse Silence, with a description: “Victims Refuse Silence is a non-profit organisation aimed to assist victims of sex trafficking. Let our voices be heard!”