Rubbish, including a car and flat-screen TVs, has been left at a site recently used by Travellers.
A group of seven caravans and a number of vehicles arrived at the site last Friday but the council swiftly began legal proceedings to evict them.
Council workers cleaned up rubbish at the illicit site at Jack Martin Way, in Fintry.
Dundee City Council’s housing convener John Alexander today told the Tele that he will continue to engage with Traveller groups and offer them space at the official site in Tealing.
The local authority last year allowed the group to use Jack Martin Way on a temporary basis but Mr Alexander insisted there were no plans for the site to be used again as a base for Travellers.
Mr Alexander said: “The site has now been vacated and officers will be assessing what action is required at this location. Legal action prevents this group from using this site in the near future and there are no plans at present to open this up to any other group.
“We continue to engage with groups and offer them available space at the official site at Balmuir Wood.”
Ron Neave, chairman of the Fintry Community Council, said he believes security needs to be tightened at the Jack Martin Way site to prevent the Travellers returning.
Mr Neave added: “We really need to look at preventing the site at Jack Martin Way being used. I have been up there and it appears that they are able to get on to the site by moving a small boulder to the side of the entrance.
“They can then get their vehicles through and cut across the grass. What they are doing is restricting people from the local community from using the area and it isn’t fair. The community is paying the price for this, right from the money being spent on cleaning up the area to the money being spent moving them on. Something needs to change. I think that the council needs to go to the Scottish Government and get them to sort the problem.
“With the well-documented cuts to the councils budget, should we really be spending tax money on this?”
A Dundee council spokeswoman said: “The council had installed boulders, concrete blocks and gates to discourage the use of the site. We are intending to install more concrete blocks at Jack Martin Way to try to prevent further illegal occupations. The council can and does use the civil legal remedy of obtaining a court order for recovery of possession of the land from Travellers, when they illegally occupy council-owned land.”
Meanwhile, Travellers recently pitched up at the main car park of Angus House at Orchardbank Business Park in Forfar.
Legal action is currently under way to remove the group.
Council workers clean up a site that was previously occupied by Travellers.