A teenager was banned from driving for a second time, after admitting flouting his first disqualification to drive his partner to work.
Connor Airlie, 18, ignored his first ban from driving and got behind the wheel to take his partner to her work so that she “would not be late”, Dundee Sheriff Court heard.
Fiscal depute Muhammad Sadiq told the court that Airlie, of Clepington Road, was spotted by police officers at 8.45am on November 11. The fiscal said: “He was seen driving a car at Riverside.
“Officers indicated for him to stop, which he failed to do at first, but later did so.
“He was found to be a disqualified driver and also did not have insurance for the vehicle.”
Airlie was cautioned and charged and made no reply.
Solicitor David Duncan, defending, said: “His partner works in a nursery near the locus.
“She had been told that any further lateness on her part would lead to the termination of her employment. He foolishly made the decision to drive her to work that morning so that she would not be late again.”
Airlie admitted driving a car whilst disqualified and without insurance, at Riverside, on November 11.
He also admitted failing to stop when requested to do so by a police officer in uniform, on the same date and location.
Sentence was deferred until December 10.