Travellers have returned to a site which was previously used as an unofficial camp.
Six caravans were spotted on a grassy area near Jack Martin Way, at the back of Fintry, in Dundee, on Friday, but it is believed the group may have arrived at the weekend.
The site has previously been used as an unofficial campsite after Dundee City Council struck an agreement with Travellers who had pitched up there in July.
The group of around 20 caravans was allowed to stay as there was no room at the official campsite in Tealing.
But this measure was a temporary solution, with councillors stressing that any further decisions would be taken on a case-by-case basis.
It is understood that this time no deal has been made with the Travellers so far.
Ron Neave, chairman of Fintry Community Council, said the deal that was made by the council in July had “left the door open” for other groups to use the site.
He added: “At the time I did say the council had made the wrong decision.
“I felt that to give people the option to stay there would just make it an open site and more people would arrive.
“This is what has now happened.
“Last time we were reassured there would be no mess left and that the group will be provided with skips, and this wasn’t the case. The mess was just the same as at any other site.
“The decision to let people stay has left the door open.
In July, the city council said the Jack Martin Way site was preferable to other sites where there had been illicit camps, such as Caird Park.
Mr Neave added: “It is still an unacceptable site for camping.
“It does not have the amenities that the official site at Tealing has.
“There is nowhere to dispose of rubbish, for a start.
“It is an area where people walk their dogs and they cannot do that if there are caravans.”
A Dundee City Council spokeswoman said: “There are a small number of Travellers at Jack Martin Way.
“We are currently assessing the situation and maintaining a dialogue with the Travellers.”