The sun might not be predicted to come out this Easter weekend – but there’s certainly a lot of fun forecast.
Spring out of the house and get involved in some fun activities.
It’s going to be chilly, so wrap up warm and get outdoors!
Here are 10 great things to do with the family this weekend.
1. Easter fun day Fun for all the family at Camperdown Country Park. The event is free from 12pm to 4pm with an equestrian stunt show and falconry display.
2. Easter Wildlife Fun Head over to the Camperdown Wildlife Centre for fun family activities and learn about some of the animals who may have a ‘Spring’ in their step.
3. Glamis Castle Easter egg trail Take a trip to the historic Glamis Castle and join an Easter egg hunt in its grounds. Take a tour of the castle and enjoy the castle’s spooky stories from 10am.
4. Easter Sunday Pirate Fun Day Argh me hearties! Hunt for treasure at Scone Palace dressed up as a pirate. Three hunting sessions (12.30pm, 1.30pm and 2.30pm) run throughout the day. A number of other activities are planned throughout the day, including an egg hunt in the Maze.
5. Arbroath West Link’s Park The park officially re-opens for the summer months with a family fun day.
6. Easter Duck Races at Barry Mill This sounds quackers! Why not try something different? Join the duck race at Barry Burn. There will also be an Easter bonnet and painted egg competition – with lots of chocolate goodies to be won! 12-5pm at Barry Watermill.
7. Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt – Kirriemuir Never grow up and take the magical tour from the author of Peter Pan’s birthplace, JM Barrie, collect clues allong the way and you could win a tasty treat! Similar Cadbury’s hunts are also planned for the House of Dun, Montrose and the Angus Folk Museum, Forfar.
8. Baxter Park The Friends of Baxter Park Committee have organised an Easter Funday. Head along to the Glass Park Centre between 12pm and 3pm for an Easter egg hunt on daffodil hill, tombola stall and more.
9. Easter at Craigtoun Park A weekend of fun is planned at the Craigtoun Country Park. Enjoy an Easter egg trail, face painting, model boat displays and more. From 10.30am-5pm.
10. Your nearest park
There’s no excuse. Get outside, go to your nearest hill and roll your eggs.